Saturday, August 4, 2012

ONE THING

I rarely go to the movies; and even more rarely do I remember one special quote from a movie, but this is my all time favorite:


Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is? 
[holds up one finger] 
Curly: This. 
Mitch: Your finger? 
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don't mean......(unnecessary expletive)
Mitch: But, what is the "one thing?" 
Curly: [smiles] That's what *you* have to find out
Points for you if you know which movie this is!!          


It's from the 1991 movie "City Slickers" with Billy Crystal and Jack Palance. The sequels were not nearly as good as this one.


             Do you know what that "one thing" is for you??  In my Bible reading for today from 
                                                Psalm 27:4 David says:
"The one thing I ask of the LORD--
The thing I seek most--                                     
is to live in the house of the LORD                                  
all the days of my life, 
delighting in the LORD'S
perfections and meditating in His Temple."


So did this mean that David wanted to go to Temple or to church everyday?  I think not. But I do think the last two phrases are a clue to what he was trying to say..........


                                  delighting in the LORD'S perfections
                                                            and
                                          meditating in His Temple


Oh Lord, may delighting in and meditating on You be the one thing in my life above all others. 

Love in Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment