Friday, August 3, 2012

A CLEAN HOUSE

                    I was reading about Josiah this morning at II Chronicles 34 where they "came across" The Book of the Law as they were cleaning and restoring the Temple. Oh, you can just feel the drama and anxiety as Josiah tears his clothes in despair.  My question:  Will they have to "clean house" to find your Bible?
              Now, those of you who know me, know that I study my many Bibles everyday-more or less- BUT--that doesn't let me off the hook because the Holy Spirit really pierced my heart at these verses. So I prayed and reminded the Lord that this is part of my routine, but still this gnawing.. So, OK, what Lord?  Speak Your servant is listening! Then I got what He wanted me to see:  The real Temple is within us.
      Is this "house- this Temple" clean enough to find His Word not only dwelling, but active and alive within?? Or will I have to search and restore to find it?? OUCH!! The good news is that Josiah fully restored the Temple of His God and it started by a complete reading of the entire Book of Covenant!  They didn't get out by 12:00 that Sunday!!
             
Do you need to clean house today?
               
                 "Search me, O God, and know my heart;
                       Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me,
                 And lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139: 23-24.

Love in Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment