Thursday, September 29, 2011

OLD AGE AND GRAY HAIRS?

Grandmother & Papa
                                                      

There was a wonderful passage in our One Year Bible reading this morning that I just had to share since it speaks directly to this legacy thing that I haphazardly try to perpetuate on this blog. Now I do not consider myself "old" and I only have a "few" gray hairs, but this verse gave me such comfort that I have gone almost all day in it's strength.  Rejoice with me in God's ever faithful Word!
bible

PSALM 71: 17-24. ESV (Yes, it's long; but it will not hurt you to read these words from the Book of Life; even if you too have already read this today.)


 17    "O God, from my youth You have taught me, and I still proclaim Your wondrous deeds.
18      So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim Your might to another generation, Your power to all those to come.      
 19 Your righteousness, O God , reaches the high heavens. You Who have done great things, O God,            
                                                  Who is like You?
20  You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth You will bring me up again. 21 You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.
                   22  I will also praise You with the harp for Your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to You with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel                                                                                                      
                   23  My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to You; my soul also, which You have redeemed.                                             
                   24  And my tongue will talk of Your righteous help all the day long, for they have been put to shame and disappointed who sought to do me hurt.

Love in Him

No comments:

Post a Comment